Let's Go Outside | My Little Booky Wooky
These black and white development books are beautifully designed board books for babies aged 0-6months.
A newborn’s vision begins very poor and blurry. The best way to stimulate a newborn’s vision is by using high contrast pictures. Studies have proven that black and white images register powerfully on a baby’s retina and send the strongest visual signals to the baby’s brain. Stronger signals means greater brain growth and faster visual development.
Benefits of using black and white books:
- Black and white images can soothe and relax a crying baby.
- High contrast images can assist a baby with tummy time by placing the book in front of them.
- Black and white books can encourage babies with flat head syndrome to turn their heads to the other side.
- High contrast images provide the baby with something simple and engaging to focus on, and in this focus or intense concentration they can allow their minds to rest.
- A baby cannot see pastel colours properly for several months after birth. It is recommended to surround a baby with as much black and white as possible in the early months for visual stimulation and development.
- A black and white book to babies is a wonderful activity for parents to do with their little ones, strengthening their bond as well as introducing books to a baby at an early age.
Let’s Go Outside - As the title suggests, the theme of the book is the outdoors. Create your own story as you go through the book
Let’s Celebrate - This book is all about celebratory occasions, it allows parents and caregivers to tell their baby a variety of stories for each page based on their own experiences.
Item details: 16 page board book, 15 x 15cm.
Written by Biance Eberling - these books have been shortlisted book of the year in 2016 & 2018 by Speech Pathology Australia.